Today’s blog post is a little different as we feel it’s important to chat about something that’s been on our minds lately. As you may well be aware, Paudha Healing is proudly Vegan and Certified Cruelty Free by Choose Cruelty Free Australia. Why? The main and very huge reason is for the wellbeing of animals! There is no reason why we need to be testing ingredients and products on animals today, nor do we need to use any animal derivatives in beauty formulas. Yet sadly we do still see that there are companies that still use these practices and unfortunately use misleading tactics to get away with it.
Which is why it’s so important to do your research before buying any products, especially skincare and cosmetics ensuring the products you are investing in are ethical and responsible. Because no animal deserves to suffer in pain for the sake of beauty. Here are a few more reasons to support your decision in shopping for cruelty free and vegan products:
1. It’s better for the environment: Recent studies suggest the production of animal products generates up to 78 percent of total agricultural greenhouse gas emissions whereas brands committed to creating cruelty-free and vegan products use far less resources and often utilise sustainable ingredients and materials.
2. It’s better for the animals: Although there is virtually no reason for animal testing, major companies continue to conduct these harsh tests, with animals like rabbits and mice being the most common victims. Sad but true. Cruelty free and vegan companies adhere to leaving animals unharmed and in their natural habitat where they belong.
3. It’s better for your skin: Plant based ingredients are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. As you would reap the physical and ethical benefits of a predominantly plant-based diet, so too can you receive the same benefits from exploring vegan/plant-based beauty alternatives.
4. It’s better for your conscience: What could be better for the world and its environment than filling it with those who are genuinely happy? Buying cruelty-free, vegan beauty products makes people feel good, knowing they’re supporting the rights of animals as well as helping the planet in a myriad of ways, even with just one small purchase.
Some things to keep in mind:
● Just because a brand may claim it is cruelty free, doesn’t make it vegan and just because something is vegan doesn’t mean it’s cruelty free. There are many products that are vegan by nature of their ingredients but they still may test their products on animals.
● A company can claim anything on a label, so look for accreditation by known and respected organisations such as Choose Cruelty Free, The Vegan Society, PETA, or Leaping Bunny.
● Vegan and cruelty-free do not necessarily mean that an ingredient list is clean, safe, green, or all natural. Read your labels carefully to be sure you’re not putting dangerous chemicals on your skin.
● Consider the human cost. In an ideal world, the cruelty-free label would extend to the human labour that goes into sourcing ingredients and making products. Investing in companies committed to transparent labour standards and/or fair-trade certification ensure a fairer deal for everyone.
This months most favourite cruelty free and vegan products by Paudha Healing.