Here at Paudha Healing, we’re not all about seeking the fountain of youth. Rather, we embrace ageing naturally and that includes celebrating fine lines, wrinkles, grey hairs… all of it!
With that being said, we recognise that mature skin deserves to feel comfortable and radiant.
Here are our favourite ways to keep skin healthy,
happy and calm in your 30s, 40s, 50s and beyond.
1. The KISS Principal
- Keep your skincare routine simple using natures ingredients.
- Cleansing is only required at night to remove make up and impurities before you go to bed.
- In the morning, a simple splash of cold water will be enough before you start your day.
2. Focus on Moisture
Skin usually becomes drier after menopause, try the following tips to rehydrate + replenish moisture loss:
- Include plenty of healthy fats and lots of dark leafy greens to keep the body lubricated from the inside out.
- Stay well hydrated by drinking 8-12 glasses of water a day.
- Choosing natural skincare products that supply adequate moisture and high levels of antioxidants, is a great way to keep mature skin in optimal condition.
- Our Australian Sandalwood Face and Body Cream is lightweight enough to be applied to both the face and body, helping to stimulate elastin production and enhance cell recovery.
- An intensely hydrating face oil also works to nourish your skin. Our Nourish and Repair Face Oil is great for applying before your cream to add the extra hydration skin needs to look plumped up and glowing.
“I’m 53 and this oil has evened my skin out and made it so soft and plump. It smells lovely and I use it together with the Sweet Orange & Patchouli face cream. My skin is radiant for the first time in years…….thoroughly recommend it.” Sheeren
3. Brighten dull skin.
- Beta carotene and vitamin C are your friends – munch on brightly coloured salad vegetables including carrots, red and yellow capsicum, kale as well as sweet potatoes and pumpkin for a radiant + healthy glow.
- Using a gentle mask helps other products absorb better while waking up the complexion.
- Synthetic formulas can be stripping and drying (despite what the salons will have us believe), therefore opt for a Gentle Mineral Mask once a week.
- A spritz of our Hydrating Botanical Mist helps to lighten up luminosity levels.
4. Treat and prevent sun damage.
- Whilst alot of Dermatologists recommend retinol, it can also make the top layer of your skin dry and flaky.
- Your skin is an organ, so treat it kindly and gently. Apply a natural sunblock, avoid overdoing sun exposure.
- Lovingly treat pigmentation with regenerative ingredients like Calendula, Chickweed, Jojoba and Rosehip oils.
- Our Calendula and Chickweed Cream has been dubbed ‘The magic cream’ in some families and is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
“My skin is sensitive/dry and I wanted a cream to soothe and restore my skin. This cream has become my best friend. It’s nourishing, soothing and restoring. I’ve stopped buying eczema cream now. Thank you for this product! Even my partner uses it, so we had to buy the large jar.” Joanne
Remember to love the skin you’re in and celebrate the diversity of your life in a way that feels good to you. Doing this will help your beauty shine through, naturally.
Thinking about including our products in your skincare routine? Our Ultimate sampler pack is perfect to get you started.