Come wintertime, the outside chill coupled with indoor heating can bring about parched complexions and dull skin faster than you can say “Jack Frost”.
Here is our favourite winter skincare regimen, designed to shield and protect your skin against the harsh elements.
1. Step One: Cleanse
- Winter can often mean an onslaught of dry, itchy skin. Which is why it’s important to avoid harsh cleansers and toss any face washes with drying ingredients, like fragrances or additives, in favour of those with certified organic oils.
- Our Clean & Balance Cleansing Oil includes Camellia, Jojoba and Avocado Oils that help refresh the skin without stripping it of its natural oils.
- Massage into face-neck-décolleté to remove impurities and wash away with our Cleansing Cloth, which is made from a beautiful combination organic cotton/hemp fleece to gently exfoliate the skin, remove makeup and dissolve the ‘bad oils’ that can clog pores.
2. Step Two: Hydrate
- As the seasons begin to change and the temperatures drop, our skin requires a little extra attention to maintain optimal health and balance.
- One of the most important and commonly overlooked steps in the dry skin game is changing to a seriously hydrating moisturiser.
- Reach for heavier creams rather than lotions, to aid in the prevention of the skin’s barrier, which is easily broken down during the winter.
- Our Face and Body Cream with Sweet Orange and Patchouli contains shea and cocoa butters, as well as nourishing jojoba and calendula oils and floral waters to leave your skin feeling deeply moisturised and protected against external environmental aggressors. For people with severely dry skin that needs some extra nourishing, reach for our Nourish and Repair Face Oil in addition to your cream moisturiser. Use as a first layer before applying your cream morning and night, or add a few drops into your cream before applying to supercharge skin results.
- You might also want to finish your hydration routine with a spritz of our nourishing Hydrating Botanical Mist for an additional moisture boost.
3. Step Three: Treat
- Come the colder months, skin can often look dull and dehydrated. To reclaim your radiance, try treating your skin with a weekly face mask.
- Our Detoxifying Mineral Face Mask is fortified with Australian Green Clay, which is a powerful detoxifier that’s ideal for balancing oil production and drawing out dirt and impurities to rejuvenate the skin. Coupled with the exceptional oil absorbing properties of Bentonite Clay, this super replenishing mask is ideal for those with oily/combination or problem skin, as it works to deeply cleanse pores and absorb excess oil.
- For sensitive skin types, your might want to reach for our Gentle Mineral Face Mask which is enriched with herbal extracts to cleanse, soften and balance your skin throughout the wintertime. All thanks to Australian Yellow Clay and Kaolin Clay blended with with marshmallow and calendula extracts, as well as Liquorice and Burdock Root for added soothing and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Finally, don’t forget to hydrate from the inside. Our current favourite is drinking lots of herbal tea for their soothing addition to our daily routine, warming and hydrating from the inside in this chilly winter weather.
Shop Paudha Healing Vegan + Cruelty Free Skincare
Image Credit: Genessa Panainte, Unsplash